A CAD Assistant job generally involves working with a lead Designer or Engineer to create models and drawings using CAD software. The position may also require some basic engineering calculations and knowledge in order to create an accurate design. A CAD Assistant should be able to work independently and be able to take direction well. The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines is also important.
Before we get to know the steps to download and install the CAD Assistant For PC for PC, let’s discuss its technical specifications:
CAD Assistant App Overview and Details
CAD Assistant App Overview and Details
OPEN CASCADE CAD Assistant for Android is an offline viewer and converter for 3D CAD and mesh models.
If you wish to use this technology for development of customized solutions for your business, contact us at:
Basic CAD model viewing and converting
Basic functionality is provided by CAD Data Exchange component of Open CASCADE Technology (OCCT).
The supported file formats and data are:
– BREP: native OCCT format for shape geometry, topology, and assembly structure.
– IGES (5.1 and 5.3): shape geometry, colors, top-level object names, file information.
– STEP (AP203 and AP214): shape geometry, assembly structure, colors, names, validation properties, file information.
Assembly structure of the model can be navigated through the tree browser. The components of the assembly can be hidden or shown as necessary to inspect the model. The selected sub-assembly or part can be queried for its properties.
CAD model (whole or selected part or sub-assembly) can be exported to any of supported CAD or mesh formats.
Viewing mesh data
Additional functionality is viewing of mesh models with associated data, implemented using the mesh visualization component of OCCT.
Supported mesh formats are:
– glTF is an open standard for 3D assets.
– STL is de-facto standard in 3D printing.
– PLY has capability to store data associated with mesh nodes and elements. If you have in your application a model represented by mesh, it can be saved easily to PLY format and viewed on a tablet. Additional data (RGB color or scalar) can be added to each polygon or node.
– OBJ is standard for 3D animation and supported by most 3D graphics applications.
– JT is ISO standard for efficient visualization of 3D CAD data.
CAD Assistant allows you to view the mesh in wireframe, shaded, and shrink view. If mesh contains associated textures, colors, or scalar data, it can be viewed with elements colored according to the selected property. For scalar quantities interactive color scale is shown, providing controls to manipulate the range of displayed quantities.
CAD Assistant for Android is optimized for devices with multi-touch screen and provides intuitive manipulation of the 3D view by finger gestures.
Left toolbar provides buttons for fitting model to window and choice of standard views. Settings submenu provides access to viewer and application options, file information, and message log.
Files can be opened from local storage (internal memory or SD card). CAD Assistant integrates with Android so that applications supporting file associations will launch it for opening files of relevant types. For instance, you can open STEP file sent to you by mail by simple click on attachment in mail client.
CAD models can be saved in STEP, IGES, or BREP format as CAD data; CAD and mesh models can be saved in PLY, STL, or OBJ format as polygonal data. Save file dialog also allows saving current image of the model to PNG format. If target directory Mail is selected, the mail client will be automatically started with saved file as attachment.
CAD Assistant has been tested to work on a wide range of modern tablets and smartphones. Note however that it is optimized for landscape screen orientation, which might be inconvenient on phones.
Application requires OpenGL ES 3.0+.
Depending on a device, opening large files may take time. Devices with low-range graphic processor could be slow on displaying large models, and system might (silently) close application if model requires more memory than available on device.
See more at https://www.opencascade.com/content/cad-assistant
We welcome your feedback on Google Play or on our User Forum at https://dev.opencascade.org/forums/open-cascade-applications
Download & Install CAD Assistant For PC: Windows 10/8/7
To install the CAD Assistant on your Windows computer, you will need to install an Android emulator first. Let’s see how to get this done in a few minutes:
- The first thing you’ll do is download the Memu emulator on your computer. You will find it in your Downloads folder.
- Installing it may take longer if your PC has less power. A powerful PC makes the installation faster. Just double click on the file and accept the installation.
- Decline the additional app installations, click on finish, and the Memu emulator will launch on your computer.
- Play store is pre-installed in Memu, and you’ll see it right after the installation is done. Open it up by double clicking.
- Log into your Play store account with email and password, then search for the CAD Assistant on the search bar.
- From the search results, click on your desired CAD Assistant result and click on the install button to start the download process.
- Now, wait a while and the CAD Assistant will be installed on your PC and emulator with a shortcut button to both.
- Run the CAD Assistant with the shortcut icon. Congratulations, you’ve successfully installed and ran the CAD Assistant on your PC.
|CAD Assistant On Your PC|
|Oct 6, 2021|
|Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
Get it On:
CAD Assistant Andorid App Summary
OPEN CASCADE is the developer of this CAD Assistant application. It is listed under the Productivity category in the Play Store. There are currently more than 636785+ users of this app. The CAD Assistant app rating is currently 1.6.0.
It was last updated on Oct 6, 2021. Since the app cannot be used directly on PC, you must use any Android emulator such as BlueStacks Emulator, Memu Emulator, Nox Player Emulator, etc. We have discussed how to run this app on your PC, mac, or Windows with this emulator in this article.
Features of CAD Assistant for PC
data. You can select a group of mesh elements and query their properties.
1. Offline viewer and converter for 3D CAD and mesh models
2. Basic functionality provided by CAD Data Exchange component of Open CASCADE Technology (OCCT)
3. Supported file formats and data: BREP, IGES (5.1 and 5.3), STEP (AP203 and AP214)
4. Assembly structure of the model can be navigated through the tree browser
5. Components of the assembly can be hidden or shown
6. Selected sub-assembly or part can be queried for its properties
7. CAD model (whole or selected part or sub-assembly) can be exported to any of supported CAD or mesh formats
8. Additional functionality is viewing of mesh models with associated data, implemented using the mesh visualization component of OCCT
9. Supported mesh formats are glTF, STL, PLY, OBJ, and JT
10. CAD Assistant allows you to view the mesh in wireframe, shaded, and shrink view
Whats New In this CAD Assistant?
– Improved STEP, glTF, JT translators robustness.
– Added support for reading glTF files using Draco extension.
– Added interface for switching LODs.
CAD Assistant is a great application for anyone who needs help with their CAD drawings. It is user-friendly and has a ton of great features. Overall, I highly recommend this application to anyone who needs assistance with their CAD drawings.
This concludes our article on CAD Assistant Download for PC. Please let us know if you have any questions or have issues installing Emulators or CAD Assistant for Windows. Glad to help you out!
Recent CAD Assistant Reviews
While opening and viewing .obj models is easy, the images themselves are lacking detail and the colors are washed out. I do like the lighting control whjch changes the effect of various light angles. Imo there are just too many settings options without explanation as to their use, and I still can’t get a sharp display with acceptable texture rendering (when I have a texture map).
Best 3D viewer app that Ive come across so far. I’ve tried alot and most won’t even load an obj or stl and are purely built around the idea that it can but can’t. I was about to give up and I found this. Works great for what I’m using it for with included bells and whistles. Thank you!
Minor bug report. Can’t load the textures on some models and I don’t know how to fix it. Some models show up completely black and others don’t allow to load textures at all. Please help.
Having a problem saving to SD card. The only other feature that would be nice is being able to import your own bkgnd image. Also if exporting as a .png it would have a blank bkgnd. Other than that it’s an awesome app. Well done! 👍
More than meets my needs. I would like it to show .stp files. It naturally reads .step, however .stp is a common extension variant. I can defeat the file filter to open them, but then must search among all the non-cad files.
Really useful tool. Extremely useful for a quick look at customer files instead of loading up CAD on pc. It always amazes me that people complain that it doesn’t open odd file formats – it certainly opens the majority of files in common use in industry (uk). (I would actually pay for this). Well done chaps!
This is easily the best 3D viewer on ANY mobile platform. Second place is 3Dskope (only on iOS). What makes CAD Assistant best? It loads huge models as models (rather than as a batch of polygons), allows user to select and hide individual parts. It has as good a clip tool as any other product. Two ways to see inside your model. Fastest loading, most capable file format is glTF. CAD Assistant desktop will convert STEP, IGES (of nearly any size) to glTF. Kudos to great Open Cascade staff.
A very good app for viewing 3d work on an android device. But there is a little problem, when I enable file name and the frame rate at the same time, I cant see the frame rate because it stays under the name.
Excellent application for checking cad and stl data on the go, when I first started using it on the s8 there where rendering issues with radiuses (i think it’s been fixed). I’ll update my review when I’m positive.
software is good, but when you are adding more than one file in a plan, it doesn’t let you move one object at one time. it moves all the objects in the room… please fix that…😢
We refer the ownership of This CAD Assistant to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for CAD Assistant and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at 100bestandroidapps, we also don’t use our own server to download the CAD Assistant. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the CAD Assistant.
If you have any query about the app or about 100bestandroidapps, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.